Tuesday, June 06, 2006

good news all round

I submitted a really fun exam I have been working on all week, this evening. It was great fun to do, when I could get out of my head the panic that exams tend to induce. Even so, it's good to have it out of the way, and to have one evening to relax before the next lot of work begins.
And some exciting news, I have had a proposal accepted for the Society for Ethnomusicology (SEM) conference in Hawaii in November. And I got offered a really interesting job today. I don't yet know whether I will be able to accept it or not, but it is something completely different from anything I have ever done before, and I hope I will be able to do it just for that reason. Not to mention the fact that the confidence of the person who has offered it to me means a lot. She is a really great role-model in all sorts of ways, and I appreciate her belief in me.

No comments: