Thursday, November 10, 2005

Some friends from the writing retreat
















The time I spent in Mpumalanga last week was all devoted to writing. I am part of a student publication project, run by the grad school at my university, and part of the project involved us spending a week at the Wits Rural Facility, on the boarder of Thronybush Game Lodge, in possibly one of the most beautiful parts of the country, writing. And write I did. I finished three essays for anthropology and my 10 000 word honours essay, and I made good progress on my blogging article, which I have since completed in draft. 16 hours of writing per day. It was superb. Funny thing is, though, with my degree, and all this writing, coming to an end at a rapid pace, I'm feeling increasingly reluctant to let it go. I know the choir research is going to continue. There is just so much more I want to do with it, and I think I may extend it into my masters next year, if practicality allows. It still just feels a little strange to be reaching the end. And I don't even know for certain what I'm doing, or where I'm going next year.
Ah well. Will just have to see what comes up.

No comments: