Monday, November 21, 2005

EFF:

EFF: This is an interesting plug for anonymous blogging. There are some strong, sometimes undeniable points, but I still don't think they really count for me. It's always worth thinking about though. Particularly thought-provoking is the point that a potential employee may think twice about hiring a blogger. My supervisor suggested recently that being too open with half-formulated thoughts or in-progress research may give a competitor for jobs an advantage over one. I know a lot of what I blog is not thought-through enough to be really valuable, and I change my oppinion on issues frequently as I work through them. Does that mean that revealing them makes me look bad? I hope it makes me look human, and sympathetic. Will have to keep thinking about this one more.

No comments: