Thursday, March 30, 2006

getting it together

I have let things get on top of me. If you are a student in a similar position to me, reading this, learn from it that, no matter who you are, you can't do everything, and be everything. Life is just too short. I have spent too long misinterpreting the "no regrets" dictum to mean "take every opportunity that comes your way", and now I am discovering that some of the opportunities, no matter how great, are simply not possible to take. I am overtaxed, and letting important things slide as a result. Solution? JUST SAY NO! which I am doing, possibly for the first time ever.

UPDATE
I have begun to get rid of some of the worst stress, but it is terrifying. I am anticipating a massively unpleasant reaction soon, but if I don't do this now, I never will, and I will continue to be taken advantage of by one of the most difficult people I have ever had the misfortune of associating with. Wish me luck. If the tightness across my chest is anything to go by, I need it!

No comments: