Thursday, October 21, 2004

techno ethno

Got an upgrade on my cellphone today. It's a really cool ericson with all the hightech features I, and my dad, could possibly want. We ethnomusicologists are supposed to be the ultimate low-tech creatures, content to read paper copies of presentations at conferences, and disappear into the woodwork for months at a time while we painstaikingly type up our research from hand-written notes etc. Well, not me. I can take all the notes I want on my cellphone, including audio recording and photographs, and download it to my computer through infrared connections. And if all this excitement isn't enough, I am actually considering a laptop. Old hat to many, I guess, but for me this is all a really big deal. Now if only I could understand the 30 page instruction manual for the cellphone...

No comments: