Monday, October 25, 2004

M is for Man, Music and Mozart

Last week, I watched a video in class called :"M is for Man, Music adn Mozart." It irritated me enourmously, not least because I really liked the whole sound world within which the music was created, and I enjoyed the context, but just couldn't understand or deal with the crudity. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with nudity, or even vulgar language, in certain contexts, and maybe this was simply a context that I didn't understand, but everything seemed so pointless. I happen to be a firm believer in a certain amount of social control, particularly when I walk into a practice room at varsity, only to be confronted by the remains of someone's lunch which has been putrefying there for days, and it just felt to me like that video was about destroying those necessary and useful areas of control, without achieving liberation, but only offensiveness. Feel free to contradict me. I would love to be proven wrong on this one. I really want to understand that video.

No comments: