Monday, December 26, 2005

The Kwaito Generation : Inside Out :: A production of 90.9 WBUR Boston, MA

The Kwaito Generation : Inside Out :: A production of 90.9 WBUR Boston, MA It feels like I've been off-line for ages. I am on holiday, a holiday that has been long in coming, and I am taking the opportunity to really rest for the first time in ages. Still, I do miss my online life, and so tonight I bit the bullet, gritted my teeth as the high cost of cellphone internet access ate into my tight budget, and decided to blog this fabulous website. I am developing an increasing fascination with Kwaito, partly because of the claims of connections between this South African genre, and Hip-hop. It is very fashionable to study kwaito at present, and I am not a follower of fashion, but for my own interest, it is worth pursuing. This website offers some interesting commentary on the genre, and SA society in general.

No comments: