Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Publishing online

There was a fairly active discussion recently on the Society for Ethnomusicology List-serv about online publication, specifically of dissertations and theses. I wrote a lot when I first started this blog about why I think online publishing and open access are a good idea, and I still feel quite strongly that that is preferable for most of the work we as academics do (I think there are exceptions to that). I'm also reviving some of that for an article I'm working on about online research.
In this post, though, I wanted to link to Victor Grauer's new book, Sounding the Depths: Tradition and the Voices of History which he is publishing as a blog. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this unfolds, and in particular what interactions he gets.

No comments: