Monday, November 16, 2009

Who sings the nation state?

If you haven't already heard the rendition of the South African National Anthem currently getting a lot of online attention, listen to the video below. But be warned: your ears may bleed.
I am currently working on a paper on the musical marketing of the upcoming soccer world cup in South Africa, and while this incident isn't directly related, I think I may try to find some way to work it in there. Funny and scary all at once.



Here is the Mail and Guardian report on current responses

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there :)

I'm an ethno student also, and just did a bit of searching around the net for ethno blogs..

I hope you start to post again, since it's been a few months! I've enjoyed reading your posts so far!

Cheers!
Danielle

earthlynoise.blogspot.com