Thursday, August 23, 2007

Getting back into it

Wow, has it really been that long? Still, it was a good holiday, and now I'm back in NY, enjoying the last (hot) days of summer, and getting back into the swing of things.

First bit of news: my bag didn't arrive with me on the flight yesterday, and is still, according to the airport company, nowhere to be found. At least I have clothes in New York, though, so it isn't the end of the world.
Second bit of news: I'm in an incredible apartment on Riverside drive, up in Harlem, until the beginning of October. The views of the Hudson, with New Jersey on the other side are spectacular!

So, after a morning dealing with the standard new semester paperwork, including trying to organise a social security number (quite a process!), and a lovely, relaxed lunch with my friend Rachel, I spent some time reading in Washington Square (or rather, I spent time watching the squirrels, when I should have been reading), and am now heading uptown to sing Verdi's Requiem. When that is done, I think I'll be about ready to fall into bed. I slept for 14 hours last night!

No comments: