Thursday, December 14, 2006

Manhattan Sunrise

I saw the sun rise over Manhattan this morning. As it is rising around 07:00 at present, that in itself may not be particularly remarkable, but the fact that I saw it not because I got up early enough, but because I went to sleep that late, is the real point of all of this. Finals are upon me in every way. I am having real fun, BUT I have never worked this hard for this long, in my life. It is a lifestyle that suits me, though. I get more productive the more intense the work gets, because my brain just seems to switch into overdrive. It makes me happy to know that I can do that. It also makes me happy to know that by this time next week, I will be soaking up the sun and the attentions of my wonderful family in South Africa, for a whole month! Yippee for a long winter break.

No comments: