Monday, August 29, 2005

Post-conference euphoria

Wow, the conference is over, and it's back to real life with full force. I had the most amazing time, for all sorts of reasons, and will treasure this experience for a long time to come. Lara, Liza, Susan, Brett, Kurt, and everyone else who had a hand in making this such a special weekend, thanks a ton. I love you all, and am a better, stronger person for knowing you, and having you in my life.

I will try to post my conference paper and the attendant power-point presentation (which technical difficulties prevented me from showing at the conference) on this blog in a day or two.

1 comment:

choirgirl said...

I never did get around to posting the paper or the power point. But I wanted to just add to this that part of what made this conference so special to me was that on the first night I came out of the closet. Not entirely. I took another 2 years to come out to my parents, but this was the first time I told another human being that I am a lesbian. Actually, I told three other women while we were preparing dinner together during one of the worst storms that year. They were more supportive than I could ever have hoped for, and turned the whole weekend into a celebration. It's over 4 years later, and the day after national coming out day, and another march on Washington, I suddenly wanted to record this for posterity. Perhaps the fact that I'm also currently reading a New York Times article about children coming out in middle school also encouraged me.